ERYTHRITOL Natural Sweetener
Health benefits of ERYTHRITOL Natural Sweetener
1. Safe for diabetes / Keto Diet / LCHF diet It’s generally safe for those with diabetes because it doesn’t increase blood sugars.
2. Promotes weight loss Monk fruit has no calories, carbs, or fat, so it may be a great option for anyone watching their waistline.
3. With zero calories 4. Good for KETO Baking
Erythritol belongs to a class of compounds called sugar alcohols.
Many different sugar alcohols are used by food producers. These include xylitol, sorbitol and maltitol.
Most of them function as low-calorie sweeteners in sugar-free or low-sugar products.
Most sugar alcohols are found in small amounts in nature, especially in fruits and vegetables.
The way these molecules are structured gives them the ability to stimulate the sweet taste receptors on your tongue.
Erythritol appears to be quite different from the other sugar alcohols.
To begin with, it contains much fewer calories:
- Table sugar: 4 calories per gram
- Xylitol: 2.4 calories per gram
- Erythritol: 0.24 calories per gram
With only 6% of the calories of sugar, it still contains 70% of the sweetness.
In large-scale production, erythritol is created when a type of yeast ferments glucose from corn or wheat starch. The final product looks something like this: